Monday, December 14, 2009

Pam the "Water Lady"

Here's a re-play of a telephone conversation I had this morning regarding our community well being shut off and switching to city water. Pam sounds like she's in her 60's, is a smoker, and has a thick NY accent.

Me: "Hi, my name's Nicole Mahshie - you had left a message on my husbands phone regarding the water situation."
Pam: "Yeah, I was calling to see what you had done for the wata switch-ova"
Me: "I actually just got off the phone and found out we didn't get the grant we applied for. Apparently a lot of people applied for it and they only had so much funds. We haven't been able to do anything yet, we can't afford it."
Pam: "Oh my God you haven't done anything yet? You guys betta get 'crackin you're gonna end up with no wata."
Me: "Well, we don't really have the money to get crackin. We have a six month old."
Pam: "Yeah, but they're gonna turn off the wata really soon you really got to get it done. Here, let me give you the numba for Micky Robinson down at the wata department..." (she gives me a few plumbers numbers...)
Pam: "So how you doing in that house, I heard you got mold problems?"
Me: "Uh...(seriously?!?) Well, not too bad, we did a lot of renovations when we moved in."
Pam: "Old houses are alotta work, ok, well best of luck to ya sweetie."

It was hillarious in a depressing sort of way. But not really. It's exciting. I look forward to watching our Daddy provide.

Much love, Get crackin!

No comments:

Post a Comment