Sunday, January 3, 2010

Vegetarian (Again) For '010

***Home-made french bread. Greek salad (cucumbers, olives, green peppers, tomatoes, iceburg & bibb lettuce, olive oil, oregano, salt, pepper, vinegar, and feta cheese). Roasted potatoes with grated parmesean, roasted red peppers, pine nuts, capers, LOTS of garlic, olive, and salt and pepper.Blackstone Merlot.***

We're vegetarian in the New Year. That was our meal the other night and it was soooooooo good.

I feel so good when I eat this way. I have a very sensitive stomach and I never felt better than when I was a vegetarian for two years in college. I told John I wanted to be vegetarian again, and he decided to go along for the ride as well. It's nice not doing it by myself.

I have an old hippie cook-book called the "Vegetarian Epicure." Along with some great recipies, it also has advice on entertaining and reccomends serving a light snack after dinner "if grass is smoked sociallly."

Solid advice.

I'm excited about all that the Father has for us in this new year. It's all kind of up in the air for us - but it's a new season as John leaves the airport. As for me, I'm learning how to enjoy my life and the Life that God has for me. He has Life and not death for us, all we have to do is embrace it.



Grace & Peace

1 comment:

  1. Nicole, I just found your blog through the comment you left on mine. I love it! I will have to add it to mine.

    I want to hang out again soon. Do you want to make some bread together one day? (I usually cheat a little by kneeding mine in the bread maker and then after it rises put it in the oven:) hopefully we will have some warmer weather soon. But I would love to come visit you at the cabin some day soon.

    ReplyDelete